We would like to describe what the One-Click Installation does mean in detail for a node operator. It should not be confused with a managed service where you don't have to worry about much.
What One-Click does
- Initial Masternode Installation
- Make installation and re-installation a breeze
Allow super easy setup of masternode
- Update the required Pirl Masternode Software
- Updates the Operating System on Node Update and Reboots
- Add Swap Space
- Install and start fail2ban for the default SSH port 22
- In case of a port change fail2ban needs to be modified
What One-Click does not
- Take your masternode under full monitoring and react pro-actively
- Monitor the system health and resource utilization like:
- Memory Usage
- Free Drive Space
- Update your node if Poseidon can´t SSH to your node (not reachable, or password changed)
- Doesn´t update your nodes operating system regularly
- Does maybe not work if custom actions/installations are done on the system
- Checking the chain height
This means that a node operator has various tasks to manage his system. Especially after a new software it´s important to check the status of the node. It is sometimes the case that some unexpected events happen which result in a problem on your masternode. We do our best to avoid such situations.
Pirl Masternode Fully Managed
If you want to run a PIRL masternode, but are not technical, or would rather not worry about its stats, then this is the plan for you. This is a 100% fully managed node service plan. You are not given login access to the server as everything is handled by us.